Thursday 12 January 2012

I'm drinking tea.

So where I am (Devon, England) it is literally FREEZING cold! I have double layered fluffy socks on, my pj's, dressing gown and all, and i'm still cold! So what better to do than have a cup of tea?
As I was making the tea I strangely wondered the history of tea, so here you go!
There are various legends surrounding the origins of tea. Perhaps the most famous is the Chinese story of Shen Nung, the emperor and renowned herbalist, who was boiling his drinking water when leaves from a nearby tea shrub blew into the cauldron. He tasted the resulting brew, and the beverage of tea was born.


For more tea related info you can visit: http://www.tea.co.uk/page.php?id=94
-Yes, a site dedicated to tea!

Thank you,
Happy blogging,
Laureeeeeeeeeeeen

No comments:

Post a Comment